Wednesday, February 22, 2012

A looongg silence..

Aaaaaaaaahhhh..it has been a long silence..been buzy with life, folks..anyway, my edible garden was still given attention every now and then..most of the plants have grown well that they needed very minimal attention, such as the kale (kailan) and the okras..Some have also given me pleasant surprises such as the roselle plants which have started flowering..Enjoy my updates guys!!

My faithful okra plants..they have been bearing me with lovely fruits to be shared among my family..been putting them into my fish curry, asam pedas and even pasta (believe it or not)!

This sweet smelling flower plant (think it is jasmine, correct me if I'm wrong) was a gift from my O& G physician (cum our family friend) from Myanmar..Tq Dr SL!


This is Butterhead lettuce..they are not growing well in my garden..these are the only 2 survivors left..the rest has been wilted away some time ago..:(

Slow-bolting coriander purchased from tanamsendiri.com..One stalk has already bolted under the hot spell weather..but they are doing very well, sharing the pot with the chives and now, onion (pic not included)

My proud pot of kale (kailan).I have harvested them once for my beef soup and they just grow back again, looking so green and lush..been thinking to stir-fry them with some salted fish next week..look out kale, nx week I'm going to come and get you!!Hehehe..(evil laughter)..

Tomyam chillies plus bird chillies, both in the same small pot, purchased from Sg Buloh..they are doing quite ok..





Brinjals..they are doing quite well since I moved them out from under the shade, casted by the roselle plant..can't wait to have brinjals/eggplants in my garden..
A qick break..look what I found resting under the shade of my now aging okra plant..very pretty indeed..





Finally, the 4 month wait is over..this comes from the thin roselle plant..The other one was growing well compared to this one, but this one flowered first..actually they are 2 roselle plants sharing a medium sized pot..but they are doing better than the one in the big pot (I wonder why)..Maybe the one in the big pot has gone lazy to bear me those heavy, vitamin C enriched fruits..hahahaha..what a thought..  




So guys, what are you waiting for?? Start growing your own food in your garden..If I can do it, you can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment