Monday, November 7, 2011

Pea soup for the soul, anyone?

Mum was down with gout recently..so she's trying to give up protein as much as she could..so she gave me a can of this..


Yup, a can of green peas..

 My family did not favour green peas that much..not even when I added these peas to fried rice or gulai ayam, so I wondered how should I use these peas in cooking..suddenly I felt like trying a new recipe that I saw in Nigella's cooking show.. yup..pea soup..I've been wondering how was the taste like, so I definitely should have it a go..Check out my recipe..

Ms Pinkie Rabbit Tasty Green Soup..
1/2 holland onion (chopped)
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1/2 carrot (chopped)
1 pint of chicken stock ( I used Maggi's chicken cube)
1 can of green peas
1 tablespoon butter


How to:
-sautee the onion, garlic and carrot until soft with the butter
-add the chicken stock ..let it boil for a while
- add the green peas..simmer until soft
- turn off the heat then blend the soup 
- serve immediately

You can also add some milk or cream to make it thicker but I love it this way..I could finish a pot of this!!


Tadaa..a bowl of Ms Pinkie Rabbit's  pea soup
My prince turning "green" after consuming the pea soup..hehehe


                         "Happy Cooking, Folks!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment