Sunday, October 2, 2011

Spaghetti bolognese anyone???

Morning, folks!!! Just wanna share a quick entry with you on my own version of spaghetti bolognese which we had for dinner last night..This recipe was adopted from the internet but I twisted it into my version with the things I have in my kitchen..On normal days, I would only sauteed the onions and chucked in the Prego sauce, but today I decided to do something different. It turned out to be very tasty and the fresh tomatoes and capsicum made the sauce naturally sweet!! So, check out these pics and the recipe at the bottom..

All the ingredients were "jacuzzing" happily in my faithful pan

I used angel hair spaghetti which was smaller in diameter compared to the conventional spaghetti and they absorbed the sauce more efficiently too!

This is how the angel hair looked like before entering the boiling water

Tadaaa...my yummy spaghetti bolognese
One impatient customer waiting for the spaghetti to be served..
So this is my recipe:

Ms Pinkie Rabbit's Tasty Spaghetti Bolognese
1 onion (preferably Holland onion, but I use 1 big red onion) - chopped
2 cloves of garlic -chopped
1/2 of a carrot - diced (but I grated it so that my kids won't see it)
1/2 of green capsicum ( since I have only red, I used red capsicum)
1 red and fuuly riped tomato (preferably from your own edible garden)- chopped
1 can of Prego sauce (I use the one with garlic added into it)
3 tablespoon of Cheddar cheese (I used Mozarella instead)
1 roll of Ramly's minced meat (I prefer beef)
2 dried bay leaf (optional)
3 tablespoonful of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

How to:

1. Saute the onions, garlic and the carrots until soft and the onions are translucent with the olive oil. Then add the minced meat
2. When the meat is 3/4 cooked, add the tomatoes
3. Then add the Prego sauce. Simmer gently for 10 minutes and then, add the red capsicum. Add also the cheese and stir it into the sauce.
4. Simmer until you can see the oil floating to the top of the pan or when the minced meat has thoroughly cooked. Add salt to taste and pepper if neccessary ( I didn't add the pepper).
5. The sauce is then ready to be poured on top of your al dente cooked angel hair spaghetti

                                 "Happy Cooking, Folks!"

No comments:

Post a Comment